Instead of a Fashion for Friday post, I thought I would do a post about my favorite makeup essentials for summer. If I had these items, I could do without everything else!
(Disclosure: There are some affiliate links in this post. However, all opinions are 100% mine, as usual. This is not a sponsored post - these are all products that I have purchased myself.)
1) MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream - I absolutely adore this stuff! I have it in three different shades so that I can match my skin tone year-round. It's so lightweight, yet offers great, buildable coverage. And it's good for your skin! Price: $11-$13 for 50ml. (I have a review here.)
2) Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder - Love, love, love this stuff!! I use a duo-fiber brush to apply (similar here), because it only takes a little. It really gives your skin a smoother finish (especially in photos), and for me, it helps keep the oil at bay. If I need to touch-up in the evening before going out, I can just dust a little over my face with the duo-fiber brush, and my makeup looks good as new! No caking! Price: $32
Note: Also available as a pressed powder so you can take it with you! Price: $34
3) Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 70 - there are only two sunscreens that I use: this one and La Roche-Posay Anthelios. This one is the one I use most often, because I don't spend much time in the sun in my daily life. The Anthelios is more expensive, but IMO offers a more stable product, so I save that one for vacations in the sun. They both leave the skin non-greasy, and the scent dissipates fairly quickly and completely. Most days, I just use a 30 SPF, but if I'm going to be outside for more than a few minutes, I use the 70 SPF. Price: $10-13
4) Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush - there are a ton of wonderful colors of this blush, and for me, this product really does last all day. My favorite shades are: Dollface (light pink), and Fearless (coral pink). I apply with a duo-fiber brush (similar here), so there's no waste, and this compact lasts a really long time. Price: $26
5) Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer - this product comes in two shades: Chocolate: medium/deep, and Milk Chocolate: light/medium. I got mine as part of a set, so I have the Chocolate, which works well when I have a sunless tan. I use this product strictly for some light contouring. I love that it's matte and smells like cocoa. Again, it lasts a long time! Price: $30
6) Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base - I have used this product for years! It's the best if you have faulty lashes like mine that seem to repel mascara, LOL! This makes my mascara stay on all day, and I can use a drugstore brand that gives me the same results as the pricey DiorShow that I love. I would be very upset if they ever discontinued this product! Price: $24
7) Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara - this mascara, when combined with the Shiseido base, gives me the same results as DiorShow. For less than 1/3 the price. And it stays on longer. I usually buy the waterproof because when combined with the base/primer, it's not too difficult to remove. Price: around $7
8) Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss - this is soooo pretty! I have this in Lovechild (such a gorgeous pink!), and I wear it all the time. It's smooth and creamy, so it applies easily - but it's also a little sticky (I usually don't like sticky glosses, but this one is good), but that helps it last a little longer. I need to get this in Streak (coral-peach)! Price $20
What are your summer makeup essentials?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you blog-stalking me yet? If not, you should be! You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Bloglovin', Pinterest, LinkedIn, & Polyvore!
I link up at these parties: party, Party, PARTY!