Mini Won-Ton Tacos
makes about 24 taco bites
- 24 won-ton wrappers
- 1 lb. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- shredded cheese (we used a mix of 4 "Mexican" cheeses)
- your favorite taco toppings (we used shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, & sliced black olives)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Shred rotisserie chicken & place in skillet (I opted for this because it's tasty and already cooked - you could also make your own chicken or possibly even use canned, but the rotisserie chicken was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!).
Add taco seasoning to shredded chicken and follow directions on packet.
Spray nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Press one won ton wrapper into each muffin cup, forming a little "cup".
Fill each won ton wrapper with a heaping tablespoon of chicken and a sprinkling of cheese.
Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven and add your choice of toppings.
Serve warm or cold - we preferred warm!
- The original recipe called for ground turkey and black beans - you could easily substitute whatever taco filling you prefer - ground beef, shredded pork, fish, etc.
- The original recipe said it made 42 tacos - for us, it only made 24 - I'm guessing because we didn't add the beans.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you blog-stalking me yet? I'd love to connect with you! You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin', Pinterest, & Polyvore!
Where I party, Party, PARTY!