I'm so excited! I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Christine at Diary of a Sleep Deprived Mom!
What is a Liebster Blog Award? Well, Liebster Blog Awards are given to worthy blogs with less than 200 followers by other worthy blogs with less than 200 followers. It's a wonderful way to promote and support each other. You learn a little bit about the other bloggers, show each other a little blog love, and maybe everyone will get a few more followers as a result. If you choose to accept the award, you will "pay it forward" by nominating 11 other bloggers. How cool is that?
Here's how it works:
And don't forget:
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his/her blog!
5) Notify your nominees.
6) No tag backs!
So here are 11 facts about me:
- I play the piano, and I used to play the clarinet and alto clarinet.
- I hate flip flops.
- I don't eat ice cream.
- I was 37 when I flew on an airplane for the first time.
- I rarely watch TV - just 6 hrs/week!
- I love to read - especially if it involves vampires, werewolves, or kilts.
- I could easily give up eating red meat.
- I love sushi!
- My desk is a mess, but I know where 98% of the stuff is at any given time.
- I get hangry (hungry+angry) if I don't eat on time.
- I love White Barn's Cinnamon & Clove Buds candles from Bath & Body Works.
And here are my answers to the 11 questions from Christine:
- Do you have any tattoos and where are they? I have four tattoos - they're on my right second toe, left lower abdomen, lower back, and around my left ankle.
- What inspired your child(rens) names? My son is named after my husband, and his middle name (which is the name he goes by) is the only Italian name we could agree on since I vetoed Vinnie. My daughter's first name is for one of my great-aunts, and her middle name is a name that my husband and I both liked.
- What is one thing you love about your appearance? Rather than pick a specific feature, I'm going to say that I love being "all pulled together". I never leave the house without putting on makeup, styling my hair, and making sure that my clothes, shoes, and jewelry are coordinated. I was taught that you just didn't leave the house unless you pulled yourself together - and I like that!
- Name a song that you put on when you want to get happy. "Knee Deep" by the Zac Brown Band. With their song, "Toes", running a close second!
- Have you ever had a moment where you felt not so bright? Well, there was the time that were were driving to Florida, and we had just passed out of Alabama into Florida - going through the town of Florala. There were a lot of pretty flowers there and I remember thinking, "Oh, I bet that's how the town got it's name!". A week later, the light bulb came on and I realized it was a combo of Florida and Alabama. Duh. My family still gives me crap over that, LOL.
- One guilty pleasure? Gel manicures every 3 weeks. Can't. Live. Without. Them.
- If you could sum up your style in 3 words what would they be? Classic, comfortable, casual!
- If you could dine with anyone, living or passed away, who would they be? My Papa and Grammy. I miss them so much. They're always in my heart, but what I wouldn't give to see them just one more time.
- Do you believe there is life on other planets? I think that it might be a bit arrogant of us to believe that we are the only life form in the universe.
- What is your favourite flower? I love flowers, but I think my favorite is probably pink roses.
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Since I have a dog and two cats, I'm going to have to say both - otherwise someone will get their feelings hurt! :-)
And 11 questions for my nominees...
1) Favorite book?
2) Early bird or a night owl? Hoot!
3) Favorite place to shop?
4) iPhone, Android, or Blackberry?
5) Song you never tire of hearing?
6) Favorite restaurant?
7) Piercings? How many?
7) Piercings? How many?
8) Clean-as-you-go cook, messy cook, or a call-for-takeout cook?
9) What inspired the name of your blog?
10) Favorite candle scent?
11) Favorite vacation spot?
Again, a big thank you to Christine - be sure to stop by and see her at Diary of a Sleep Deprived Mom!