St. Paddy's Day is coming up soon, so you really need playlists - even if you're not Irish.
For your convenience, I've divided the playlists up into categories:
Remember - on St. Paddy's Day, a party can be a party of one with the right music & drink! Sláinte! This first playlist is all about good Irish drinking songs. *disclaimer* And because they are Irish drinking songs, they may contain lyrics not suitable for young or sensitive ears.
Irish Drinking Songs
- Whiskey in the Jar - The Pogues
- Kiss Me, I'm S**tfaced - Dropkick Murphys
- Irish Drinking Song - Buck-O-Nine
- The Seven Deadly Sins - Flogging Molly
- The Night That Paddy Murphy Died - 4 Irish Whiskey
- Whiskey You're the Devil - Stoney Road
- Drunken Sailor - Blaggards
- The Beer Song - Seamus Kennedy
- Beer, Beer, Beer - The Clancy Brothers
- Old Dun Cow (MacIntyre!) - Brobdingnagian Bards
Traditional St. Paddy's Day Songs
- Molly Malone - The Dubliners
- The Unicorn - The Irish Rovers
- Wearing of the Green - Tony Malone
- When Irish Eyes are Smiling - Tommy Maken
- St. Patrick's Day Parade - Bing Crosby
- My Wild Irish Rose - Aaron Celtic Company
- Galway Bay - Dolores Keane
- MacNamara's Band - Dennis Day
- Dear Old Donegal - Leo McCaffrey
- It's the Same Old Shillelagh - Bing Crosby
And lastly, music that moves your heart & soul, even if you don't have a drop of Celtic blood. I have plenty of Celtic blood, so I could listen to this playlist all day long. Well, I could listen to the drinking songs all day long, too - but this is a bit more relaxing.
The Celtic Playlist
- Song for Ireland - Mary Black
- Ireland's Call - Celtic Thunder
- Danny Boy - Michael Londra
- Lord of the Dance - Ronan Hardiman
- Níl Sé'n Lá - Celtic Woman
- The Fairy Ring - David Arkenstone
- The Mummer's Dance - Loreena McKennitt
- Erin Grá Ma Chroí (Ireland of My Heart) - Cherish The Ladies
- Irish Blessing - Pat Gaughan & Joe Wadz
- Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral - Dennis Day
If you're drinking, know these:
- "Pionta Guinness, le do thoil." - (Pyun-tah Guinness, leh duh huh-il) "A pint of Guiness, please."
- "An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós?" - (On will too air mesh-keh fohss?) "Are you drunk yet?"
- uisce beatha - (ish-keh byah-ha) whiskey
- Sláinte! - (Sloyn-cheh!) Cheers!
- Lá Fhéile Pádraig - (Law Ale-yeh Pawd-rig) St. Patrick's Day
- "Tabhair póg dom, táim Éireannach!" - (Tower pogue dum, toim Aye-ron-okh) "Kiss me, I'm Irish!"
- "Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!" - ( Byan-okht-ee nah Fay-leh Pawd-rig ur-iv) "St. Patrick's Day blessing upon you!"
- seamróg - ( sham-rogue) shamrock