I haven't run out of reasons to be here, but I did run out of time - so I'm just gonna steal from myself and use a post from my old blog. This one always amused me, so I hope you'll find it amusing as well!
I've been both and I've heard most of these at one time or another. We all do what we have to do in order to take care of our families & ourselves - whether it's out of choice or necessity. I've learned to just let comments like these roll right off my back - and I consider the source. :-)
Remember - these articles are meant to be humorous - they do not reflect my opinion on the subject.
10 Things Never To Say To A Working Mom
- It must be very hard missing all those special moments every day.
- I suppose it's smart that you're working. You know, in case your husband leaves you some day.
- I'm surprised you went back to work. Your husband seems so successful.
- It's cute when they call your nanny "Mama".
- I just love my kids too much to leave them during the day.
- Did you see "Dateline"? The one with the hidden camera in the daycare?
- I could never let someone else raise my children. But that's just me!
- I hated my mom because she was never home after school like everyone else's mom.
- You must feel so guilty.
- I wish I were as laid-back as you and could just let the housework go.
10 Things Never To Say To A Stay-At-Home Mom
- When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?
- How June Cleaver of you!
- Oh, so you don't work?
- Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
- All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.
- I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
- What do you do all day, anyway?
- I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.
- That explains why your son is so clingy!
- Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
Let's face it - being a mom is difficult - whether your job is inside or outside the home. Your husband doesn't get it, your kids take you for granted...and there isn't any other place you'd rather be - and if someone pours you something tall and strong (to quote Jimmy Buffett again), well, it makes it even better!!
Have a great weekend!!