I used: red bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, frozen broccoli florets, and beef pre-cut in strips for stir-fry. The beef was in really long strips, so I cut it into smaller, bite-size pieces.
- Heat a 1-2 TBSP. oil in a wok.
- Add the veggies, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove veggies from the wok (I put mine in a bowl), add a little sauce, and toss to coat them evenly.
Now you need to partially cook the beef -
- Add 1-2 TBSP. oil to the wok.
- Stir-fry the beef until it starts to brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat, add a little sauce, toss to coat, then allow to cool.
I divided the beef between two freezer bags (and did the same with extra sauce), and placed those on top of the veggies.
Next, I wrote the reheating directions on the lid, folded the foil edges down to seal, and popped them in the freezer. I also wrote the preparation date on the containers.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Place 1-2 TBSP. oil in wok and sitr-fry meat and veggies until heated.
- Add more sauce as needed/desired.
- Serve over rice or noodles
This was a super-easy meal to make and only took about 10 minutes to get it on the table. You gotta love that!
This is how it looked after I thawed and reheated it. I served it over Thai jasmine rice. Gus and I both really liked this version, too. I was a little concerned that the beef wouldn't be tender, but it was perfect!
Super yummy! Come back & leave a comment if you try it!